Westpac Banking Corporation and its subsidiary companies ("Westpac") is committed to:
- complying with Part VB of the Trade Practices Act 1974;
- not engaging in price exploitation in relation to the New Tax System;
- Complying with the ACCC's Price Exploitation Guidelines;
- to the maximum practicable extent, passing onto its consumers any net cost benefits realised as a result of the New Tax System changes; and
- advertising and displaying GST inclusive prices in a manner which is not misleading or deceptive.
This is fully documented in Westpac's public compliance commitment.
Final ACCC acknowledgment
Westpac Banking Corporation has completed its repricing associated with the New Tax System and has met the requirements of it’s Public Compliance Commitment agreement with the ACCC.