Cable & Wireless Optus ("CWO") is committed to ongoing processes of efficiency and innovations to reduce costs and ensure savings are passed on to our customers. This document is an extension of that commitment.
CWO is currently engaged in an extensive GST compliance program to ensure that changes resulting from the New Tax System are managed in a pro-active and controlled manner. CWO will ensure compliance with the Trade Practices Act 1974 and the Price Exploitation Guidelines. This activity has been assigned a high priority within the business and considerable resources have dedicated to this program.
This Public Compliance Commitment records our commitment to:
- comply with the Trade Practices Act, in particular Part VB of the Act;
- not engage in price exploitation in relation to the New Tax System;
- comply with the Price Exploitation Guidelines as expanded in the Commitment;
- pass on to consumers any net cost benefits realised as a result of the New Tax System changes;
- advertise and display prices in a manner which is not misleading or deceptive; and ensure there is an effective compliance program in place.
Final ACCC acknowledgment
Cable & Wireless Optus Limited has completed it’s repricing associated with the New Tax System and has met the requirements of it’s Public Compliance Commitment agreement with the ACCC.