Burns Philp & Company Limited, and its subsidiaries from time to time (BPC), are committed to complying with the Trade Practices Act 1974, and to complying with the price exploitation guidelines issued by the Australian Competition and consumer Commission (ACCC) under s.75AV.
This Public Compliance Commitment records BPC's commitment to:
- Comply with the Trade Practices Act 1974, in particular Part VB of the Act;
- Not engage in price exploitation in relation to the New Tax System;
- Comply with the price exploitation guidelines as expanded in the commitment;
- Pass on to consumers any net cost benefits realised as a result of the new tax system changes;
- Advertise and display the GST-inclusive price in a way that is not misleading or deceptive; and
- Ensure there is an effective compliance program in place.