BATA is committed to complying with the Trade Practices Act 1974 ("the Act"), including the recent amendments resulting from the NTS changes and the Guidelines released by the Commission.
BATA commits to:
- comply with the Act, in particular part VB;
- not engage in price exploitation in relation to the NTS;
- comply with the Guidelines as expanded in this Commitment;
- pass on to consumers any net cost benefits realised as a result of the NTS changes;
- advertise (where permitted) and display the GST-inclusive prices in a manner which is not misleading or deceptive; and
- ensure that an effective compliance program is in place to cover the NTS which is materially in accordance with Australian Standard AS 3806.
Final ACCC acknowledgment
British American Tobacco Australasia has completed it’s repricing associated with the New Tax System and has met the requirements of it’s Public Compliance Commitment agreement with the ACCC.