Berri Limited ('Berri') is committed to ensuring that purchasers of its products:
benefit fully from the lowering and ultimate removal of certain indirect taxes as part of the New Tax System; and
are not exposed to greater than necessary price rises resulting from the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax.
Berri commits to the Australian public that it 'will during the period 8 July 1999 to 2 July 2002 ('Transition Period'):
- comply with the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) (7PA'), in particular Part VB of the TPA;
- not engage in price exploitation in relation to the New Tax System;
- comply with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC') Price Exploitation and the New Tax System General Principles, Information and Guidelines on When Prices Contravene Section 75AU of the Trade Practices Act ('Guidelines');
- pass on to consumers any nett cost benefits realised as a result of the New Tax System changes;
- advertise and display prices in a manner that is not misleading or deceptive; and
- ensure there is an effective compliance program in place concerning issues associated with the New Tax System and the Guidelines.
Final ACCC acknowledgment
Berri Limited has completed it’s repricing associated with the New Tax System and has met the requirements of it’s Public Compliance Commitment agreement with the ACCC.