Australia Post is committed to implementing all aspects of the new tax system fairly, openly and rigorously. This document formally records their commitment to complying with Section VB of Trade Practices Act 1974. In particular, it records a commitment:
- not to engage in price exploitation in relation to the new tax system;
- to fully comply with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) New Tax System Price Exploitation Guidelines ; and
- to assist the ACCC in its price monitoring role.
It is also a formal statement of their commitment to:
- pass to consumers all benefits of the new tax system changes to which they are entitled;
- implement a comprehensive communication program on tax reform for Australia Post's customers, business partners and stakeholders, including displaying GST-inclusive prices in a way that is not deceptive or misleading; and
- maintain a structured compliance and reporting system.
Final ACCC acknowledgment
Australia Post has completed it’s repricing associated with the New Tax System and has met the requirements of it’s Public Compliance Commitment agreement with the ACCC.