- Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports Association Inc.
Lodged on behalf of:
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Australian Rugby League Commission
- Cricket Australia
- Football Australia Limited
- Netball Australia Limited
- Rugby Australia Ltd
- Tennis Australia Limited
- Show all applicants (2 more)
|Target||Notification number||Date lodged|
|Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) (including when trading as ‘OneMusic Australia’)||CB10000483-1||26/11/2021|
The Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports (COMPPS), on behalf of its members, lodged a collective bargaining notification to:
- negotiate with APRA/OneMusic Australia on behalf of its members as to the terms and conditions (including licence fees) of copyright licences
- represent its members in the alternative dispute resolution process in respect of matters about the acquisition of those licences
- represent its members before the Copyright Tribunal in respect of matters about the acquisition of those licences, and
- in the event that OneMusic Australia is restructured or ceases to operate, undertake these activities in relation to APRA, AMCOS and PPCA.
The Notified Conduct is voluntary and no member will be compelled to participate – each member may negotiate or otherwise deal with OneMusic Australia on an individual basis if they wish.
The Notified Conduct does not extend to collective boycott activity.
On 15 December 2021, the ACCC decided not to object to the notification. The legal protection provided by the notification commenced on 10 December 2021 and will continue until 25 November 2031, unless withdrawn or revoked. Further information about the ACCC’s decision is available in the Statement of Reasons below.