- RAIA's code of professional conduct
- RAIA's memorandum and articles of association
- RAIA's regulations and by-laws
- RAIA's client and architect agreements and user guides relating to those agreements
- guidelines for RAIA endorsed architectural competitions
- authorisation for RAIA to issue, from time to time, guides to assist architects and users of architects' services to negotiate appropriate fee arrangements for architectural services.
In July 2005 the ACCC issued a draft determination proposing to deny authorisation to RAIA's application as the ACCC was not satisfied that the public benefits likely to result from the proposed conduct, in its current form, would outweigh the potential anti-competitive detriments of that conduct.
The ACCC noted that if Standards 2.5, 4.3, 4.5 and 4.6 of the RAIA's proposed code of conduct were removed or appropriately amended and the fee graphs were severed from the authorisation the proposed conduct would be more likely to produce a net public benefit.
Granted substitute authorisation A90946 for the RAIA and its current and future members to engage in conduct provided for in the RAIA's:
- Code of professional conduct
- memorandum and articles of association
- regulations and by-laws
- guidelines for RAIA endorsed architectural competitions and
- standard form client and architect agreements and related documents.
Authorisation granted for 6 years.
Submissions - before draft decision
|RAIA Response to to Draft Determination ( PDF 486.9 KB )||9 Sep 2005|
|Submission by SJB Architects ( PDF 18.63 KB )||3 Jun 2005|
|Supplementary Submission from RAIA ( PDF 237.23 KB )||2 Jun 2005|
|Cornelis Wegman Architects ( PDF 197.11 KB )||30 May 2005|
|Mitchell Design ( PDF 162.33 KB )||27 May 2005|
|John Kemeny ( PDF 16.18 KB )||27 May 2005|
|NSW Department of Housing ( PDF 63.61 KB )||8 Apr 2005|
|Further Submission by Qld Government ( PDF 67.88 KB )||8 Apr 2005|
|Royal Institute of Architects - Application for Revocation & Substitution ( PDF 204.61 KB )||31 Mar 2005|
|QLD Government ( PDF 108.9 KB )||16 Mar 2005|
|Architects Accreditation Council of Australia ( PDF 146.96 KB )||25 Feb 2005|
|Show all documents (8 more)|