On 16 May 2022, Albury City Council, Wodonga City Council, Indigo Shire Council, Greater Hume Council, Federation Council, Leeton Shire Council, Berrigan Shire Council and Edward River Council (the Participating Councils) lodged an application to revoke authorisation AA1000596 and substitute authorisation AA1000612 to collectively tender and contract for waste and recycling collection, transport, sorting, and processing services.
Authorisation is sought for:
- domestic kerbside residual waste, recyclables acceptance and transport
- domestic kerbside recyclables acceptance sorting
- domestic kerbside organic waste (including food organics and/or green waste) acceptance and processing
- residual waste disposal
- Resource Recovery Centre (RRC) domestic residual waste recyclables collection and transport
- supply of mobile kerbside bins, and
- supply of organics kitchen caddies and liners
(the Proposed Conduct)
The Participating Councils were recently authorised to engage in this conduct on 14 April 2022. They are seeking re-authorisation for the same conduct but for a longer period until 30 June 2034.
On 15 June 2022, the ACCC issued a draft determination proposing to grant authorisation and granted interim authorisation.
On 14 July 2022, the ACCC issued a final determination granting authorisation until 30 June 2034.
|Final Determination ( PDF 352.16 KB )||14 Jul 2022|
|Draft Determination and Interim Authorisation Decision ( PDF 317.06 KB )||15 Jun 2022|
|ACCC to Interested Parties re Consultation Process ( PDF 189.43 KB )||23 May 2022|