Goods and Services Tax-exclusive prices will no longer be displayed by Flipstock Pty Ltd (trading as A Man's Toyshop), a retailer and wholesaler of hardware, after an investigation by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
The ACCC's investigations followed a number of complaints concerning
GST-exclusive pricing by A Man's Toyshop in various media including newspapers, radio advertisements, in-store display, at agricultural field days, catalogues, fliers and on the Internet. The ACCC's action has resulted in the acceptance of
court-enforceable undertakings from A Man's Toyshop.
A Man's Toyshop has its store located in Rockhampton, Queensland and also regularly attends agricultural field days throughout Queensland with a display site. A Man's Toyshop also operates a VIP Club Membership whereby its members are sent catalogues and fliers for products on sale. Membership benefits include a number of levels of discounts on purchases made from A Man's Toyshop.
In offering the court-enforceable undertakings, A Man's Toyshop will:
- ensure prices are displayed/quoted inclusive of GST both in-store and at agricultural field days
- place corrective notices in-store advising customers that prices are now GST inclusive
- issue letters to A Man's Toyshop VIP Club Members advising them that all prices will now be displayed/quoted inclusive of GST
- ensure all future advertising placed with newspapers, radio stations or via catalogues and brochures states GST inclusive pricing
- remove GST-exclusive pricing displays from its website
- conduct trade practices compliance training
The ACCC acknowledges that A Man's Toyshop responded positively to concerns and has undertaken to comprehensively review and alter its advertising to ensure that prices are stated as GST-inclusive. The ACCC believes there is a real risk of consumers being misled if GST-inclusive prices are not quoted or advertised.
Use this form to make a general enquiry.