In July and August 2018, the ACCC invited wine grape growers to provide feedback about competition issues in their industry through an online survey. The questions related to:
- contracting practices
- competition among wine grape buyers
- reliability and transparency of pricing information
- quality assessment of wine grapes
- timing of payment
- the Australian Wine Industry Code of Conduct
- available mechanisms for dispute resolution
- collective bargaining.
The survey was conducted to help us better understand:
- how widespread any concerns and potential issues are among growers
- whether the concerns and potential issues are more prevalent in particular regions, or types of regions
- the effect of certain industry practices on growers.
The survey was open to wine grape growers from 20 July 2018 to 20 August 2018.
To ensure confidentiality and statistical reliability, regions from which we received low numbers of responses have been omitted from the relevant charts.