In July and August 2018, the ACCC invited wine grape growers to provide feedback about competition issues in their industry through an online survey. The questions related to:
- contracting practices
- competition among wine grape buyers
- reliability and transparency of pricing information
- quality assessment of wine grapes
- timing of payment
- the Australian Wine Industry Code of Conduct
- available mechanisms for dispute resolution
- collective bargaining.
The survey was conducted to help us better understand:
- how widespread any concerns and potential issues are among growers
- whether the concerns and potential issues are more prevalent in particular regions, or types of regions
- the effect of certain industry practices on growers.
The survey was open to wine grape growers from 20 July 2018 to 20 August 2018.