What the ACCC does
- We produce a water monitoring report for the Minister on water market and charging arrangements in the Murray-Darling Basin.
- We monitor and enforce rules made under the Water Act 2007. These include the Water Market Rules 2009 and Water Charge Rules 2010.
- We advise the Minister on the water market and water charge rules.
- We advise the Murray-Darling Basin Authority on the Basin Plan’s water trading rules.
What the ACCC can't do
- We don’t regulate urban water prices.
- We don’t monitor urban water charges or water charges outside of the Murray-Darling Basin.