On this page
Publications and resources we produce
As well as our web pages, documents to help those in franchising understand their rights and responsibilities:
We are currently updating:
The ACCC offers a free online franchising course for those thinking about becoming a franchisee.
We also have short videos in English, Hindi, Chinese simplified and Chinese traditional.
Small business resources
As most franchisees are also small business, many of our small business publications are relevant.
Other guidance and information we provide
- informing franchising newsletter subscribers about news, changes to franchising laws and enforcement actions
- answering enquiries and giving guidance on rights and responsibilities in franchising
- consulting with industry groups to help us understand what is happening in the franchising sector
- working closely with other agencies who also help those in franchising. This includes the Small Business Consultative Committee, Small Business Commissioners and the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman.
Resources from other government agencies
Other government agencies that provide information, resources and guidance about franchising are:
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- New South Wales Small Business Commissioner
- Queensland Small Business Commissioner
- South Australian Small Business Commissioner
- Victorian Small Business Commissioner
- Western Australian Small Business Development Corporation.