Who is a manufacturer?
A 'manufacturer' includes a person or business that:
- grows, extracts, produces, processes or assembles goods
- holds himself or herself out to the public as the manufacturer of goods
- allows their name or brand name to be applied to goods
- allows another person in connection with the supply or promotion of the goods to hold out himself or herself as the manufacturer of the goods
- imports goods when the actual manufacturer does not have a place of business in Australia.
As a result, it is possible for two businesses to be liable at the same time.