Other penalties and remedies
A person or business that contravenes competition laws may be subject to a range of other court orders.
- Injunctions: These are court orders that require a business or individual to do or refrain from doing particular acts.
- Other orders: Businesses that breach, and employees involved in those breaches, can also be ordered to:
- establish a compliance program
- establish an education and training program
- revise internal operations
- disclose specified information to specified persons
- publish a corrective advertisement.
- Disqualification orders: On the application of the ACCC, the court may order that a person involved in a breach of the CCA be disqualified from managing a business for such a period as it considers appropriate.