When presenting information about products or services to customers:
- give current, correct and relevant information
- ensure the overall impression is accurate, and avoid ambiguous statements
- back up claims with facts and documented evidence where appropriate
- note important limitations or exemptions
- correct any misunderstandings.
- guess the facts
- omit relevant information
- use unnecessary jargon
- make promises you cannot keep, or make predictions without reasonable basis
- offer goods or services without a reasonable basis for believing you can deliver them.