Find out if franchising is the right choice for you
If you’re thinking about buying a franchise, the ACCC’s free online course ‘Is franchising for me?’ is a great starting point.
Whether you're doing early research or are about to sign a franchise agreement, this course will help you better understand franchising.
What you will learn
- How franchising compares to independent small business ownership or employment
- What you are likely to find in a typical franchise agreement
- About due diligence and why it’s important
- Some of the common issues you can face
- Where to get more information and guidance to help you decide
- The main laws that apply to franchising.
The course has 6 modules and takes less than 90 minutes to complete. You can do the lessons at your own pace at a time that suits you.
Start the ‘Is franchising for me?’ course. You first need to register and then can start the course.
Thinking about buying a franchise guidance and videos