The ACCC has released its twelfth annual report under the Water Act 2007. The report provides information on the state of the rural water sector in the Murray–Darling Basin for the 2020–21 financial year. It covers:
- transformation and termination activity reported by off-river infrastructure operators
- changes in regulated water charges and trends across time, location, network type and Basin state for both on and off-river infrastructure operators
- tradeable water rights activity for off-river infrastructure operator networks
- spending on water planning and management activities and the revenue from WPM charges reported by Basin states
- compliance with the Water Charge Rules and Water Market Rules enforced by the ACCC.
The ACCC invites stakeholders to submit any comments, feedback, or questions on the report to the Water inbox firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monitoring approach and assumptions
This technical guide accompanies the Water Monitoring Report 2020–21. It sets out the ACCC’s data sources, approach to monitoring, assumptions used for the calculation of typical bills and additional information on the analysis presented in the report.
Background data for charts and tables
The supplementary spreadsheet includes the background data for the charts and tables included in the Water monitoring report 2020–21. It also contains additional tables and charts for information which are not included in the Water Monitoring Report 2020–21.