The ACCC is conducting a market study of the new car retailing industry. The study will focus on competition and consumer issues that may be present or emerging in the industry.
This market study will examine whether industry practices are consistent with what we would expect from a competitive market. In particular, practices relating to:
consumer guarantees, warranties and new cars
fuel consumption, carbon dioxide (CO2) and noxious emissions, and car performance
post-sale service arrangements
access to repair and service information and data.
It will explore the broad structure and operation of the new car retailing industry, assessing whether market characteristics, including new car buyer behaviours and expectations, are conducive to competition.
The ACCC has released an issues paper to assist interested parties in making submissions to the ACCC’s new car retailing industry market study. The paper contain:
- the scope of the market study
- issues on which the ACCC is seeking information
- how to make submissions and key dates.
A brief guide to assist interested consumers and small businesses to provide a submission is also available.
|Issues Paper - New car retailing industry – a market study by the ACCC [ pdf (745 KB) | docx (290.69 KB) ]|
|Consumer and Small Business Guide to the new car retailing industry issues paper [ pdf (321.59 KB) | docx (100.3 KB) ]|
Submissions to the Issues Paper closed on Monday 14 November 2016.
The first tranche of submissions are available below.
- ABMARC [ PDF (1.48 MB) ]
- Australasian New Car Assessment Program [ PDF (442.87 KB) ]
- Australian Automobile Association [ pdf (9.53 MB) ]
- Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association [ pdf (4.41 MB) ]
- Australian Automotive Dealer Association [ pdf (881.81 KB) ]
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission [ pdf (303.73 KB) ]
- Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman [ pdf (655.69 KB) ]
- Auto Care Association [ pdf (92.97 KB) ]
- Automotive Dealer Services [ pdf (667.18 KB) ]
- Autopolis [ pdf (201.56 KB) ]
- Bapcor Limited [ pdf (365.31 KB) ]
- carsales [ pdf (563.7 KB) ]
- CHOICE [ pdf (414.45 KB) ]
- Consumer Action Law Centre [ pdf (74.03 KB) ]
- Destroy My Jeep [ pdf (268.19 KB) ]
- Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries [ pdf (1.34 MB) ]
- GM Holden Australia [ pdf (198.2 KB) ]
- GPC Asia Pacific [ pdf (200.75 KB) ]
- Insurance Australia Group Limited [ pdf (274.84 KB) ]
- Insurance Council of Australia [ pdf (347.97 KB) ]
- Lemon Laws 4 Aus [ pdf (1.27 MB) ]
- Lemon vehicles In Aus [ docx (18.32 KB) ]
- Mazda Australia Pty Ltd [ pdf (354.47 KB) ]
- Motor Trade Association of South Australia [ pdf (297.58 KB) ]
- Motor Trade Association Queensland [ pdf (568.22 KB) ]
- Motor Traders' Association of NSW [ pdf (958.63 KB) ]
- Motor Trades Association of Australia [ pdf (1.92 MB) ]
- National Motor Vehicle Theft Reduction Council [ pdf (480.35 KB) ]
- NSW Small Business Commissioner [ pdf (240.76 KB) ]
- Small Business Development Corporation [ pdf (1.24 MB) ]
- Subaru Australia Pty Limited [ pdf (107.63 KB) ]
- Suncorp Group [ pdf (158.17 KB) ]
- TJM PRODUCTS PTY LTD [ pdf (355.7 KB) ]
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia [ pdf (604.71 KB) ]
- UltraTune [ docx (79.9 KB) ]
- Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce [ pdf (618.83 KB) ]
- Anonymous business 1 [ pdf (188.79 KB) ]
The final tranche of submissions are available below.
- Anonymous consumer 1 [ pdf (290.39 KB) ]
- Anonymous consumer 2 [ docx (13.59 KB) ]
- Andrew Forsyth (Dymocks) [ pdf (2.1 MB) ]
- Car Solutions Motor Vehicle Consultants [ docx (31.33 KB) ]
- Steve Sorensen Mechanical [ docx (962.4 KB) ]
- Anonymous small business 1 [ docx (13.48 KB) ]
- T R Flanagan Smash Repairs [ pdf (442.1 KB) ]
- Global Auto Parts [ pdf (678.83 KB) ]
- Think Software Consulting [ pdf (607.7 KB) ]
- Swedish Car Company (Kott Gunning Lawyers) [ pdf (47.67 KB) ]
- Consumer questionnaire responses [ pdf (999.87 KB) ]
- Small business questionnaire responses - Part 1 [ pdf (601.56 KB) ]
- Small business questionnaire responses - Part 2 [ pdf (559.74 KB) ]
- Anonymous consumer 3 [ pdf (106.4 KB) ]
All submissions will be treated as public and will be published.
If you have concerns about the disclosure of certain information in your submission, you may make a confidentiality claim over all or part/s of the submission. More information on the treatment of confidential submissions is available in the issues paper.
The timeline dates are indicative and will be confirmed as the market study progresses.
|Market study announced||17 June 2016|
|Issues paper released||17 October 2016|
|Issues paper submissions close||14 November 2016|
|Forum with invited key stakeholders||December 2016|
|Draft report released for comment||Mid-year 2017|
|Roundtable with invited key stakeholders||Third quarter 2017|
|Final report released||Late 2017|
If you have questions about the market study, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.