The Utility Regulators Forum was established in 1997 to encourage cooperation between Commonwealth, state and territory based regulators.
By acting as a focal point for regulators in different jurisdictions it aims to facilitate:
- the exchange of information
- understanding of the issues faced by regulators
- consistency in the application of regulatory functions and
- the review of new ideas about regulatory practices.
The newsletter of the forum, Network, is published quarterly and contains articles on common challenges, summaries of recent journal articles on regulatory matters and updates on regulatory decisions.
- ACT Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission
- Australian Energy Market Commission
- Commerce Commission New Zealand
- Economic Regulation Authority (WA)
- Essential Services Commission (Victoria)
- Essential Services Commission of South Australia
- National Competition Council
- NSW Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal
- Office of the Tasmanian Electricity Regulator
- Queensland Competition Authority
- Utilities Commission Northern Territory
- Network newsletter A quarterly publication of the forum providing updates from the regulators
- Discussion Papers for the Utility Regulators Forum includes submissions received in response to discussion papers
- Workshops 9 May 2003 workshop on: Incentive regulation and implementation total factor productivity
- URF position papers on achieving greater national consistency in energy frameworks URF Position papers submitted to the Ministerial Council on Energy in 2005-2007