The Dairy Consultative Committee was established by the ACCC to provide a forum for dairy industry representatives to discuss issues with the ACCC related to the implementation of the mandatory Dairy Code of Conduct (the Code) introduced by the Australian Government.
From December 2019 for a period of around 12 months, committee meetings will be held quarterly across multiple ACCC offices (via video link).
The committee is headed by Independent Chair, Noel Campbell, AO, and supported by ACCC Deputy Chair Mick Keogh and an ACCC Dairy Specialist.
The ACCC appointed members from the applicant pool to broadly reflect the diversity of dairy farmers and processors across dairy regions to achieve a balance and variety of interests and perspectives. Appointment to the committee is at the ACCC's discretion for the term of the Committee.
We do not pay members' sitting fees or reimburse travel costs for participation. Members must meet their own expenses.
Members are expected to provide input at meetings on:
- issues arising in relation to the implementation of the Code including ACCC industry education and compliance strategies
- information dissemination strategies and networks to effectively communicate with the dairy industry regarding the introduction of the Code, and
- other issues as requested by the ACCC.
Further detail regarding the committee is available in our terms of reference.
- Australian Dairy Farmers – Mr John Versteden
- Australian Dairy Products Federation – Ms Janine Waller
- Dairy Australia – Mr Charles McElhone
- Dairy Connect – Mr Shaughn Morgan
- Farmer Power – Mr Garry Kerr
- NSW Dairy Industry Advocate – Mr Ian Zandstra
- NSW Farmers – Mr Robert Miller
- Queensland Dairyfarmers' Organisation – Mr Eric Danzi
- South Australian Dairyfarmers' Association – Mr John Elferink
- United Dairyfarmers of Victoria – Mr Allan Campbell
- WAFarmers – Mr Michael Partridge
- Mr Scott Briggs
- Mr Tony Burnett
- Mr Geoff Farnsworth
- Mr Ben James
- Mr John Mulvany
- Ms Karrinjeet Singh-Mahil
- Ms Sylvia Vagg