The ACCC Performance Consultative Committee was established in 2015 to act as the ACCC’s stakeholder consultation body under the Australian Government’s Regulator Performance Framework. The framework has established a common set of six outcomes-based key performance indicators that will allow for the comprehensive assessment of Commonwealth regulators’ performance and engagement with stakeholders.
The committee consists of 16 business, legal and consumer representatives who collectively cover the broad range of stakeholders that the ACCC engages with in undertaking our various functions. The committee is therefore well placed to provide feedback to the ACCC about our performance.
During the first half of 2015 the committee provided feedback on the self-assessment methodology, measures and evidence that the ACCC will use to annually assess our performance against the six KPIs.
The committee meets annually in October to ‘externally validate’ our draft self-assessment. External validation provides an avenue for the committee to provide feedback on whether the self‑assessment results broadly accord with their views of our performance against the KPIs over the assessment period.
The ACCC considers the committee’s feedback and amends our draft self-assessment as appropriate.
- Gerard Brody, Consumer Action Law Centre
Elizabeth Bryan, Virgin Australia
- Gina Cass-Gottlieb, Gilbert + Tobin
- Kate Carnell, Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- Caroline Coops, King & Wood Mallesons
- Teresa Corbin, Australian Communications Consumer and Action Network
Fiona Crosbie, Allens
Geoff Carter, Competition and Consumer Committee of the Law Council of Australia
- Jason Gehrke, Franchise Council of Australia
- Robert Montgomery, Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
- James Pearson, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Peter Strong, Council of Small Business of Australia
- Carmel Mulhern, Telstra
- Jennifer Westacott, Business Council of Australia
- Innes Willox, Australian Industry Group
- Russell Zimmerman, Australian Retailers Association
Regulator Performance Framework - Australian Government guidance