The ACCC Performance Consultative Committee was established in 2015 to act as the ACCC’s stakeholder consultation body under the Australian Government’s Regulator Performance Framework. The framework has established a common set of six outcomes-based key performance indicators that will allow for the comprehensive assessment of Commonwealth regulators’ performance and engagement with stakeholders.
The committee consists of 15 business, legal and consumer representatives who collectively cover the broad range of stakeholders that the ACCC engages with in undertaking our various functions. The committee is therefore well placed to provide feedback to the ACCC about our performance.
During the first half of 2015 the committee provided feedback on the self-assessment methodology, measures and evidence that the ACCC will use to assess our performance against the six KPIs annually.
The committee met in October 2016 to ‘externally validate’ our 2015-16 self-assessments results. External validation provides an avenue for the committee to provide feedback on whether the self‑assessment results broadly accords with their views of our performance against the KPIs over the assessment period.
The ACCC considered the committee’s valuable feedback and incorporated suggestions to enhance our 2015-16 self-assessment report.
A key input to the self-assessment, which the committee reviewed, was the findings of the ACCC’s inaugural business stakeholder survey. The survey was conducted in April and May 2016 by market research firm ORC International.
- Gerard Brody, Consumer Action Law Centre
Elizabeth Bryan, Virgin Australia
- Gina Cass-Gottlieb, Gilbert + Tobin
- Kate Carnell, Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- Caroline Coops, King & Wood Mallesons
- Teresa Corbin, Australian Communications Consumer and Action Network
Fiona Crosbie, Competition and Consumer Committee of the Law Council of Australia
- Jason Gehrke, Franchise Council of Australia
- Matt Healy, Competitive Carriers Coalition
- Robert Montgomery, Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
- James Pearson, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Peter Strong, Council of Small Business of Australia
- Carmel Mulhern, Telstra
- Jennifer Westacott, Business Council of Australia
- Innes Willox, Australian Industry Group
- Russell Zimmerman, Australian Retailers Association
Regulator Performance Framework - Australian Government guidance