Senior ACCC staff are frequently invited to speak at national and international events. All speaking invitations are considered with regard to the relevance of the topic and the audience.
Please do not send invitations directly to the invitee, instead they should be sent to email@example.com
The more you tell us about the event, the more likely it is we can find the right person to speak to your audience. Try to include the following details in your invitation:
- proposed speaker
- proposed date and time
- location (city and venue address)
- event subject
- length and type of address (e.g. 30-minute formal speaking event)
- proposed topic to be covered by the ACCC
- other invited or confirmed speakers
- expected audience (e.g. legal fraternity, small business).
Senior executives and Commissioners are expected to attend Commission meetings in Canberra on Wednesdays between 9am and noon. It is unlikely a speaking event will be accepted if it is scheduled during that time.
There are also a number of other regular commitments which demand time of Commissioners and senior staff, so the more notice you give us, the better the chance we have of being able to meet your request.
We generally seek to recover costs for speaking engagements at conferences or conventions where people pay to attend.
For not-for-profit events our cost-recovery policy is generally waived however, we usually ask for two free passes for our staff to attend for learning and development purposes.
Below are the terms of our cost-recovery policy for speeches:
- A speaker’s fee. This applies for events that are created by conference organisers as profit-making exercises. Fees are as follows:
Speaker Fee Chair $3000 Deputy Chair or Commissioner $2500 Senior executive staff
(CEO, Executive General Managers, Group General Managers and General Managers)
$2000 Other staff $1500
- Return business class airfare (if required). This is for Commissioners and all senior executive staff. For non-SES staff a return economy class airfare is suitable. We will book and pay for flights and invoice the conference organiser to recover these costs.
- Accommodation (if required). We will book and pay for accommodation and invoice the conference organiser to recover these costs.
- Two free conference passes for our staff.
Boardroom luncheon events
We do not charge for these types of events, but organisers generally offer to make a contribution towards the ACCC’s costs such as airfares if required.
If you have an event you would like an ACCC staff member to speak at, please send your invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org