State & territory consumer protection agencies

Your local state and territory consumer protection agency (sometimes called 'consumer affairs') can provide you with information about your rights and options. They may also be able to help negotiate a resolution between you and the seller.

Australian Capital Territory

ACT Office of Fair Trading (OFT)

New South Wales

NSW Fair Trading

Northern Territory

NT Consumer Affairs


Office of Fair Trading Queensland

South Australia

SA Office of Consumer and Business Services (CBS)


Consumer Affairs & Fair Trading


Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)

Western Australia

Department of Commerce formerly Department of Consumer and Employment Protection (DOCEP)

More information

Where to go for consumer help