Consumer protection agencies
Your local state and territory consumer protection agency (sometimes called 'consumer affairs') can provide you with information about your rights and options. They may also be able to help negotiate a resolution between you and the seller.
- ACT Office of Fair Trading (OFT)
- NSW Fair Trading
- NT Consumer Affairs
- Office of Fair Trading Queensland
- SA Office of Consumer and Business Services (CBS)
- Tasmanian Consumer Affairs & Fair Trading
- Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)
- WA Department of Commerce
International consumer protection
The International Consumer Protection and Enforcement Network (ICPEN) runs a website that allows you to file complaints related to cross-border transactions and to learn about ways to resolve disputes with foreign traders.