Held every winter, this conference brings together industry participants, policy makers, academics, and regulators from around the world to hear and discuss the latest ideas about the theory and practice of regulation.
The 2017 ACCC & AER regulatory conference will be held on Thursday 27th and the morning of Friday 28th July at the Hilton Hotel in Brisbane.
The theme of the 2017 conference is Innovation and Better Regulation.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Professor Jean-Michel Glachant, European University Institute, Director of the Florence school of Regulation, and Director of Loyola de Palacio Energy Policy Programme
- Professor Martin Cave, Imperial College Business School, and Inquiry Chair at the UK Competition and Markets Authority
- Professor Hans-Martin Niemeier, Hochschule Bremen City University of Applied Sciences, who specialises in airport performance and regulation
- Ms Audrey Zibelman, CEO of the Australian Energy Market Operator, and former Chair of the New York State Public Service Commission
- Ms Amparo Nieto, NERA Economic Consulting (USA), who specialises in the electricity industry
- Mr Michael Millar, Legal Counsel at Ontario Energy Board
- Mr Richard Feasey, Frontier Economics (UK), who specialises in the telecommunications sector
Registration for the conference is now open. The cost to attend the conference is $1500 per delegate, or $1400 per delegate for three or more people from the same organisation. Register for the ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference.
Please note that registration does not include accommodation. The Hilton Hotel is offering special rates for conference delegates, subject to availability at the time of booking. Bookings can be made directly using the following links:
There are numerous other accommodation options within 10 minutes walk of the Brisbane Hilton.
Updates about the conference will be sent to the ACCC’s Regulatory Community email group. If you would like to be added to the group please email RegulatoryCommunity@accc.gov.au.
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2016
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2015
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2014
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2013
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2012
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2011
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2010
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2009
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2008
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2007
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2006
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2005
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2004
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2003
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2002
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2001
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 1999
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 1998